Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Perry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> -snip-
>>> Is there a way to trigger a script when a filesystem (FS) hits a certain
>>> percentage full? (90%?)
>>
>> Of course.  I have such a thing set up on my Slack/390 development systems
> so that I know when to temporarily suspend rsynching from my "upstream"
> source at slackware.com.
> please elaborate ;-)

It's not instantaneous, just a script that I run via cron to check how much
space is being used by the file system(s) I care about.  If the available space
is too small, it sends me an email, and creates a file that my script to run
rsync checks when it kicks off.

I would think that if someone wrote a program that used libfam, they could get
instantaneous alerts.