David Boyes wrote:
On 11/24/08 2:10 PM, "Mark Post" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 11/24/2008 at  1:14 PM, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

-snip-

If you do this, please make sure there is a text-only version. Many people
don't install X at all on headless servers.

Pretty much by definition, GNOME Control Center is going to be GUI only.  That
was one of the things I appreciated in YaST when I was a customer.  As ugly as
it was, the ncurses version worked in any environment where the network was
up.

My point exactly. A X-only UI is not an significant improvement. There needs
to be a curses version as well as the X version.
We also have to perform iterative development -- making things work
together first, then presenting the GUI in differing ways.  Should the
Open Source community made tui/ncurses GUIs from the get go?  Probably
-- but we need to start somewhere.

If you were to request priority to be given to tui-izing the
system-config* tools, what would the order be?