Thanks Mike

I see that now.

Page 185 shows a move of the old directory, onto the new LVM volume.  That
stopped me (reading online instead of printing out the book).  Two pages down,
it describes extending a current LVM.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> Michael MacIsaac <mike...@us.ibm.com> 1/13/2009 6:49 AM >>>
Tom,

>> The Redbook "z/VM and Linux on IBM System z The Virtualization
> Cookbook for SLES 10 SP2" has a section "11.2 ...

> It has the documentation for adding 2 volumes to a new logical
> group and moving an existing directory structure to that group.
Huh? Section 11.1 describes how to create a two volume LVM and mount it
over /home. Section 11.2 describes how to extend the volume group and the
same logical volume to three physical volumes.

"Mike MacIsaac" <mike...@us.ibm.com>   (845) 433-7061