On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:31:39 -0600
Mark Post <mp...@novell.com> wrote:

> -snip-
> > No doubt Mark is correct re the usability of the z KVM at present, but one
> > would imagine that has to improve.
>
> I wasn't speaking about KVM on any particular architecture.  It's a nightmare
> for everyone.  If Xen is any illustration, I wouldn't be surprised to see
> usability stink for a good long time.

I really hope Xen isn't but then Xen has suffered horribly from a lack of
integration with the things it supports and having to apply magic patch
sets to out of date kernels to get it to run. KVM doesn't have that
problem on x86 at least.

As to ease of use, I go into virt-manager, click new guest, select Fedora
whatever and let it get on with it. In the desktop world and sense its
very easy to use. When you want to do complex things like integrate it
with SAN storage its a bit hairier and you run out of GUI button pressing
options.

Alan