> First running Bigfoot kernel was July 1999, I recall. Neale had a mostly
> running libc and some userspace apps along with that mid-August.
>
> Fall, 1999: IBM releases joint study "technology preview" project with
> Marist (late Sept/October, IIRC)

About a week after I announced I was going to merge the Bigfoot tree into
the -ac kernel ready for shakedown and feeding to Linus in fact.

That period was an "interesting" few weeks, much of which consisted of
conversations that didn't happen between people who were most
definitely not there about things that were most definitely not
discussed ;)

Still it all came out in the wash somehow.

Alan