Barton,

We are not using VMRM on this system.  So it could not be that sort of
problem.

Ron

Barton Robinson wrote:
Any chance VMRM was active and too storage away?

Mark Perry wrote:

Hi Ron,
thats a support question if ever I heard one. Contact SAP/IBM. (Which of
course will lead to a question on maintenace levels of linux and sap.)

If kill -9 doesn't work then the process is in a system routine that can be
cancelled.
Are you saying that shutdown didn't work either and that you were forced to
crash the linux guest?
Did you have a problem with disks and/or nfs? (sap process needing to
complete i/o?)
were you alreday in shutdown?
soemtimes the order that things are shutdoiwn is very important
(users/sap/nfs/filesystem/network).

mark