I should have said after logging on to OPERATOR --  issue SET SYSOPER
OPERATOR before the #CP DISC.   It hopefully got set to SYSOPER itself  but
this makes sure.

To explain -- if OPERATOR is logged off - the next lucky guest with the
right level of CP classes (A,B, etc) gets set to SYSOPER and now
essentially can only run CP commands.    Many shops run something regularly
to check of OPERATOR is down or SYSOPER is not set to OPERATOR and correct
it.       Bottom line:   Keep OPERATOR logged on at all times - only use
#CP DISC to end the terminal session.   It is important that OPERATOR is
available to receive system messages and keep a console log...

Scott Rohling