Hi Michael,
I'd say these days most people rarely set up an own tracker at all.
Either you are a really huge project which means it is ok (but not
necessary) to drive your own complex tracker.
Or you are simple/small so usually those get these features along your
other pieces of most collaboration platforms.

http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/05/24/why-launchpad-rocks-great-bug-tracking/
https://guides.github.com/features/issues/
[...] for most others as well

--