On 16 May 2018 at 20:23, Terri C. Glowaniak <terri.glowan...@regions.com>
wrote:

> Just wondering what 'console' people use to access their Linux systems
> when using 'single user mode'  ...  3270, IUCV, or  ?

Back when I was involved, we used logging through secondary console to see
what happened. Often logging is enough to diagnose, so you don't need a
working terminal and browse the system log inside the guest.
If it couldn't be corrected with a few (audited) commands through SCIF
(root was logged on at the virtual console at startup) then the guest would
be taken down and the disks mounted in a working maintenance system to
repair the configuration.

Rob

http://wiki.linuxvm.org/