Hi,

I get my hands on a minimal SLES 15 for the first time.  I try to edit a
file:

# *vi foo*
-bash: vi: command not found
# *vim foo*
-bash: vim: command not found

HUH?  A UNIX with no vi?  NEVER seen that before.

So I install it:

# *zypper install -y vim*

Now I need to check a flag:

#* man vim *
-bash: man: command not found

So I try to install man:

# *zypper install -y man*
No provider of 'man' found.

HUH? A UNIX with no man pages at all?  NEVER seen that before either.
Hopefully there's another way to install man.

So I try to get help another way:

# *info vim*
info: No menu item 'vim' in node '(dir)Top'
# *help vim*
-bash: help: no help topics match `vim'.  Try `help help' or `man -k vim'
or `info vim'.

No 'info', no 'help' (which suggests to use man or info - hehe)

Am I just spoiled with the backward compatibility baked into the mainframe?

--
     -Mike MacIsaac

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390