On 11/14/22 14:11:21, Alan Altmark wrote:
2. Linux doesn't detect a reconnect event, so it doesn't know to re-query the
device and adjust any 'views' that have been created.

Is it a basic limitation of UNIX that there's no way to connect a descriptor
to a running process?  How does XEDIT->CMS->CP do it?  I suspect the console
is never disconnected, just put in a dormant state.  I believe when I
reconnect with a different geometry XEDIT fields an I/O error and causes a
WSF Query to be issued and processes the result.

SIGHUP?  SIGTSTP?  SIGWINCH?  IIRC, I modified a SIGGWINCH handler long ago,
in a curses application.  I think I caught the signal, queried the terminal
geometry, and updated some global variables.

TSO can't deal with it.  An endless sequence of I/O errors and ops needs
to cancel the session.

--
gil

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390