Linux-Advocacy Digest #183, Volume #35           Wed, 13 Jun 01 07:13:03 EDT

Contents:
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux         (Thaddius
Maximus)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux      (Thaddius
Maximus)
  Re: INTEL"S ITANIUM DUE OUT TUES  !!!!! (Stuart Krivis)
  Re: Microsft IE6 smart tags (Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?=)
  Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU! (Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?=)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux     (Thaddius
Maximus)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux    (Thaddius
Maximus)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux   starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux   starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux   starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux   starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux   starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux   starts    getting
good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!) (drsquare)
  Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU! (drsquare)
  Re: Microsft IE6 smart tags (drsquare)
  Re: Microsft IE6 smart tags (drsquare)
  Re: Microsft IE6 smart tags (drsquare)
  Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (drsquare)

From: Thaddius Maximus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:13:34 +0100

Edward Rosten wrote:

> >> maximum of 40% is not a majority.
> >
> > Ahhh... that's 40% of your paycheck only.  Now factor in sales tax and
> > specifically the outrageous petro tax and it becomes a majority of your
> > paycheck going to the government.
>
> There is nothing outrageous about the petrol tax. We use far too much
> petrol in this country. As for your low petrol tax, where has it got you,
> oh yeah, the worlds biggest polluter. Great.

My point is proven: the majority of YOUR paycheck goes to YOUR
government.  In America, Americans work for themselves, not the
government.  The fact that the majority of your paycheck is taken
from you by your own government reveals a population that feels
themselves inadequate to solve their own problems on an individual
level, ie, sheep.

And yes, your petro tax IS outrageous!  It's called robbery here in
the states and has been known to cause historical revolutions.

> >> Well, I'm glad you don't live here, because I do not want to see the
> >> NHS disappearing any time. I think it is a quite amazing service and
> >> something we should be proud of.
> >>

> > You may like the NHS but the potential pool of doctors in the UK is
> > drying up fast due to poor pay, outdated equipment, and poor service. I
> > know for a fact that the NHS just recently was denying patients any
> > dental work which involved braces.  Cancer treatment through the NHS is
> > a foolish gamble at best and most UK citizens opt to pay for the
> > treatment in another country because of the limited choices of treatment
> > provided by the NHS.
> >
> > The NHS provides the same level of medical service that a welfare
> > recepient  in the US recieves.

> >> Do you have any evidence to back this up, or are you just spouting?
> >
> > Errrr.. yeah... I have a lot of evidence of this - I offer as evidence
> > the United States of America (more venture capital, more R&D dollars,
> > and the least amount of red tape and government intrusion for starting a
> > business than anywhere in the world).  in other words, the USA *is* the
> > evidence!
>
> You have provided no evidence apart from your rants.

Take a look at the USA GDP, the evidence will come into focus for
you.

> >> Without mother Russia, the Nazia would have gobbled up the "land of the
> >> free" long ago.
> >
> > I must have missed that novel piece of history.
>
> Think about it. If the communists didn't
> sacrifice 20 million people against the Nazis and stop them dead on the
> eastern front, the Nazis would have overrun Europe with out much problem.
> You guys would have been next in the firing line. And there is a
> reasonable chance that the US would have been defeated by the Nazis, but
> we will never know that. Just thionk, you might owe all of your lives tio
> the commies.

Maybe I missed that part where you discuss the nazis having to defend
themselves against the American H-bomb.

Once the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor there was no way on Earth that
the Americans were going to be defeated by anyone.  The entire US economy
shifted to production of tanks, airplanes, and ships.

Your coulda, shoulda, woulda, doesn't fly.

From: Thaddius Maximus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:34:42 +0100

GreyCloud wrote:

> Edward Rosten wrote:
> >
> > > The first thing that Americans are proud of is their proper use of the
> > > word 'there'.  The second thing that we Americans are proud of is both
> >
> > Spelling flames are the lowest form of flame.
> >
> > > our level of education and the fact that we pay for our own education.
> >
> > Is that something to be proud of? I don't see how either way.
> >
> > > Americans learn a sense of  accomplishment and independence at an early
> > > age.
> >
> > Through their parents paying for education? How does that teach
> > independence?
> >

> > > Unlike your country, we Americans do not feel the need to have our
> > > government take the majority of our income and then dole it back out to
> > > us as seen fit.
> >
> > maximum of 40% is not a majority.
> >
> > > Most all medical programs in Eurpoe are a complete disaster.   The NHS
> > > in the UK should be disbanded immediately.
> >
> > Well, I'm glad you don't live here, because I do not want to see the NHS
> > disappearing any time. I think it is a quite amazing service and
> > something we should be proud of.
> >

> > > Nowhere in the world does an individual have a greater chance of success
> > > building a small business than in the USA.  No other nation on Earth
> > > puts more money into research and development than the USA.
> >
> > Do you have any evidence to back this up, or are you just spouting?
> >
> > > Without the USA, mother Russia would have gobbled up most all of Europe
> > > long ago.
> >
> > Without mother Russia, the Nazia would have gobbled up the "land of the
> > free" long ago.
> >

> Thats true.  If I recall it was in the civil war that Russia sent over a
> fleet that stopped England and France from picking up the pieces.

What's true?  Are you suggesting that America was saved because of
Russia???

First off, the Nazis didn't kill 20 million Russians.  Stalin killed
20 million Russians by leaving them out in the freezing elements
without supplies for extended periods of time.

Nazi Germany and Japan needed petro and that petro came from the east
indies region of the world where American military was in full force.

America had Germany both by power and by strategic positioning.

Europe can thank the good ol' USofA for saving the world!

End of story!

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stuart Krivis)
Subject: Re: INTEL"S ITANIUM DUE OUT TUES  !!!!!
Date: 13 Jun 2001 05:18:50 -0500

On Mon, 28 May 2001 13:28:12 +0100, pip <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> "Matthew Gardiner (BOFH)" wrote:
>>
>> > Then there are no killer OSs at all.
>> >

>> Yes there are, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux 2.4 and AIX-5L, all of them are
>> Itanium ready, and ready to roll.  Windows isn't even ready yet!
>
> I think you'll find they are not the killer OS referred to. That is the
> illusive creature where you don't care what it is because it works. Your
> software works, and it is secure and reliable. It has all the tools and

EPOC :-)

--

Stuart Krivis

------------------------------

From: Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsft IE6 smart tags
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:18:08 +0200

JS \\ PL wrote:

> "Peter Köhlmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> Jon Johansan wrote:
>>

>> > "drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> > that is an impossible request.
>> >
>> > Person1: "The government is hiding UFO information."
>> > Person2: "Untrue - prove your claim!"
>> > Person1: "Prove they aren't."
>> > Person2: "Um, how? How can you prove they aren't? Impossible."
>> >
>> > Person 2 kills person1 to prevent stupidity from breeding.
>> >

>> Well, thats your problem. You still have to prove it.
>
> How do you prove a negative?

Not my problem.
Since Jon makes very often statements which seem to be outright lies,
I think in his case he is the one who has to prove his claim always.
How is entirely his problem
I simply don´t care for his Bull, he is, together with Chad Myers, the most
dishonest person I´ve ever read. They are the same in this league.

Peter

--
You cannot propel youself forward by patting yourself on the back

------------------------------

From: Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU!
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:40:06 +0200

Colin Day wrote:

> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>

>> First of all, I could never understand how on earth any reasonable man /
>> woman would want to play a DVD-Movie on a *computer* instead of the much
>> better choice of a DVD-Player connected to a big screen and a *real*
>> stereo with *real* surround qualities, not the toy ones found in todays
>> computers.
>
> My computer screen is bigger than my TV screen.
>
> Colin Day

I´m also sitting in front of quite big screens which would dwarve several
TV-sets. Nonetheless my TV is still a lot bigger. Nothing against
DVD-drives in computers, only I would use them only for data, not for
movies.

Peter

--
All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember
that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.

------------------------------

From: Thaddius Maximus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:38:22 +0100

Nick Condon wrote:

> Thaddius Maximus wrote:
>
> >Nick Condon wrote:

> >> The life expectancy of a man living in the EU is 74.4 years, and the
> >> infant mortality rate is 476 per 100,000.
> >>
> >> Can the US beat that?
> >> (Ans: No, your figures are 67.5 years, and 722 per 100,000)
> >

> >The US life expectancy for a male at birth is somewhere around
> >73-74 years.
>
> That's the life expectancy for a *white* male at birth. So tell us, why so
> many babies dying? Your rate is nearly twice ours.

Actually, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) the statistics
for infant mortality rate in the USA and the UK are as follows:

USA 1997:  722 per 100,000
 UK 1997:  586 per 100,000

The USA rate is 1.2 times the UK rate - hardly 2 times the rate as you
claim.

------------------------------

From: Thaddius Maximus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:08:05 +0100

drsquare wrote:

>  On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 00:33:59 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  (GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

> >> Wow, you spend billions of tax payers money on taking someone to a
> >> large piece of rock, acheiving what? Meanwhile, children are starving
> >> to death across the world...
> >
> >Now we are supposed to feed them too?  Why don't the Dutch do it?
>
> Typical American attitude. Let the children starve to death whilst we
> send pieces of metal into space for fun.

Sheesh man, you Dutch have genocide going on in your neighbor's
backyard and you do nothing about it.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance... (was Re: Just when Linux   starts
getting good, Microsoft buries it in  the       dust!)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:33 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 20:48:49 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Quantum Leaper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>"Ayende Rahien" <don'[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:9g3e80$bj6$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> > The internet isn't significant?
>>
>> I was talking about significant in space exploration terms.
>>
>Viking,  Pioneer,  Voyager,   International Space Station,  and all the
>other probes, nothing significant,  your must be right.... (sarcasm)
>The US switched from very expansive maned space program to an unmaned
>program,  which was cheaper. Also the budget for NASA has been cut and cut
>and cut over the years,  so they have to make due on alot less money.   Even
>though the technology that has come out of the space program,  could have
>paid for it 10 fold.
>If it was so easy to send men into space,  why has anyone but USSR (Russia)
>and the USA sent men into space?

What's the point? Other countries realise there are more important
things to spend money on.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:36 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:56:07 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>"Quantum Leaper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:NtvV6.44486$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> > Now we are supposed to feed them too?  Why don't the Dutch do it?
>> >
>> The world thinks the USA should feed the poor and  protect them but most of
>> them don't want to lift a finger to help,  since it not their problem.
>
>But they're just fine criticizing the US for all manor of the world's problems.
>It's all our fault, remember? How come you don't see the French or the British
>sending all sorts of humanitarian aid to Africa?

Hmmmm... I thought you Americans were always bragging of your
excessive wealth... you're obviously much poorer than originally
thought.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:37 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:07:25 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Quantum Leaper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>"drsquare" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> >Typical Dutch attitude.  Blame someone else for all the world's
>> >problems.
>>
>> How is starvation a Dutch problem?
>>
>Starvation is EVERONES problem,  you can tell just one country to fix the
>worlds problem,  it doesn't work.  We all have to fix the problem,  atleast
>the USA is trying unlike some people,  it seems....

Trying? How the fuck are they trying?

>> >Sounds like a severe case of jealously, to me.  (Gee, I wonder if
>> >he'll deny it.)
>>
>> Yes, I'm jealous that I don't hoard up food and resources whilst
>> children starve to death.
>
>I don't see you helping,

Actually I am.

>the USA can only do so much and yes the USA does
>aid in feed the hungry around the world,  be we can't be everywhere....

No they don't.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:38 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:25:04 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>Thaddius Maximus wrote:

>> The USA also flies in and out of space with reusable space shuttles.
>> We are the ONLY country with resusable space craft.
>>
>> > The whole race to the moon was the biggest, stupidest, most wasteful PR
>> > campain that has ever taken place in human history.
>> > A lot of good things came out of it, but to do it for freaking *PR*?
>>
>> You just stated that the first man on the moon was significant and now
>> you are saying that it was stupid.  Make up your mind, boy.

>I wonder how come we never made any more missions to the moon??

Because there was no point?

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:41 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:39:30 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>drsquare wrote:

>> >As for the Japanese: quick, pick one: did you want hundreds of
>> >thousands of Japanese to die, or hundreds of thousands of Americans
>> >and millions of Japanese, and a long, protracted invasion which
>>
>> There are many alternatives.
>
>There really wasn't one.  You overlook a point that was not really
>pushed or reported on.
>The Japanese were also developing a nuclear bomb.  So it was either them
>or us.
>Truman really didn't have a choice.

If you believe that you are more naive than I at first estimated.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:45 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:54:29 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>"Quantum Leaper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:RevV6.44439$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> > I was talking about significant in space exploration terms.
>> >
>> Viking,  Pioneer,  Voyager,   International Space Station,  and all the
>> other probes, nothing significant,  your must be right.... (sarcasm)
>
>Not to mention all the work on Mars. How many non-US probes have been
>sent to Mars?

How many non-US countries are stupid enough to waste all that money
for no obvious gain?

>> The US switched from very expansive maned space program to an unmaned
>> program,  which was cheaper. Also the budget for NASA has been cut and cut
>> and cut over the years,  so they have to make due on alot less money.   Even
>> though the technology that has come out of the space program,  could have
>> paid for it 10 fold.
>> If it was so easy to send men into space,  why has anyone but USSR (Russia)
>> and the USA sent men into space?
>
>I can hear it now... "They could, they just don't want to," right =)

Why would they want to?

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:47 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:21:10 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Colin Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>Peter Köhlmann wrote:

>> First of all, I could never understand how on earth any reasonable man /
>> woman would want to play a DVD-Movie on a *computer* instead of the much
>> better choice of a DVD-Player connected to a big screen and a *real* stereo
>> with *real* surround qualities, not the toy ones found in todays computers.
>
>My computer screen is bigger than my TV screen.

That's relevant.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:48 +0100

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:08:51 +1200, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("Matthew Gardiner \(BOFH\)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>"Jon Johansan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:3b265ebd$0$2648$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> lesse... $1000 for hard copy of Encyclopedia that is never updated and
>> contains no "live" data or links.
>> $damn-near-free for CD ROM Encyclopedia that is live and can be updated
>and
>> contains more diverse types of information?
>>
>> there is a decision to be made here?
>
>For date specific items, yes, however, in most cases, this information (that
>is date sensitive), or is being constantly reviewed, can easily be obtained
>via the net.  Question is, will the Russian Revolution ever change? no.  So,
>on historical events, books are great, however, the cutting edge information
>needs to be updated and reviewed regularly, hence, the net is the best
>option.

In the long run, a CDROM would work out cheaper.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:50 +0100

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 00:12:05 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Chris Ahlstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>Jon Johansan wrote:
>>
>> lesse... $1000 for hard copy of Encyclopedia that is never updated and
>> contains no "live" data or links.
>> $damn-near-free for CD ROM Encyclopedia that is live and can be updated and
>> contains more diverse types of information?
>>
>> there is a decision to be made here?
>
>No.  The hard copy is far superior, if you can afford it.

No, it's not.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:50 +0100

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 03:33:28 -0400, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 ("JS \\ PL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>"Peter Köhlmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> > Person 2 kills person1 to prevent stupidity from breeding.
>> >

>> Well, thats your problem. You still have to prove it.
>
>How do you prove a negative?

You can't. It's a shame that religion advocates can't understand that.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: European arrogance and ignorance...
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:51 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:09:55 -0700, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>drsquare wrote:

>> >Drugs, alcohol, sex; things are MUCH more libertarian (freedom) in
>> >Denmark than in the US. It's all about personal responsibility.
>>
>> The US will never have personal freedom whilst their people are still
>> continuosly brainwashed by Christian ideology.
>
>That's starting to change slowly.  The christians over here are now
>bellyaching about being persecuted.  One church was confiscated for not
>paying their employees taxes.
>Most christians are now calling the new age movement the devils work.

Well, what do you expect? They've got to keep the profits coming in
somehow.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:52 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:56:05 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Rotten168 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>drsquare wrote:

>> >Ireland - abortion is illegal
>>
>> As it will soon be in US
>
>Not too likely.

It is with Bush there. And all those terrorists.

>> >Spain  - dictatorship until mid-70's
>>
>> Oh, until mid-70s, that means a lot.
>
>Oh gee, sorry, I didn't realize we were picking a time-frame that's
>convenient to your side.

Oh sorry, I was talking about a time that matters, such as NOW.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:53 +0100

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:56:59 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Rotten168 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>> >Based on an American OS.
>>
>> For use on something derived from European technology.
>
>Yet another worthless assertion with ZERO evidence to back it up.

I have plenty of evidence. You might find it worth investing in a
history book.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:54 +0100

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 00:02:19 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Rotten168 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>drsquare wrote:

>> >Starve to death? Most of the children in America are obese and getting
>> >fatter.
>>
>> Oh right, you're not American so you can starve to death. If this is
>> an example of 'patriotism' then I was right in speaking against it.
>
>No, I was the one called a communist for speaking against patriotism.

Oh, was that by Kuntis by any chance?

>> >If you cannot understand why space exploration is important than you
>> >have a teeny tiny little brain.
>>
>> Yeah, it's important to waste all that money so we can see some pretty
>> pictures of some stars!
>
>If that's all you can believe or imagine, I'm sorry. Besides, what has
>your little has-been country done to help "the starving children"?

Quite a lot compared to how "poor" we are compared to the US.

------------------------------

From: drsquare <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:48:55 +0100

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001 00:03:35 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
 (Rotten168 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>) wrote:

>drsquare wrote:

>> Wow, you really know absolutely NOTHING about the Balkan situation.
>> Mind you, I don't expect an American to know anything outside his own
>> country.
>
>Oh, ok, tell me where I'm wrong. Of course, you're not really a details
>guy are you?
>
>So what did your little shit-stain of a country do for the Balkans?

Deary me. If all you can come up with is childish insults, then
*plonk*.