> But btrfs raid56 mode should be complete with kernel 3.19 and presumably
> btrfs-progs 3.19 tho I'd give it a kernel or two to mature to be sure.
> N-way-mirroring (my particular hotly awaited feature) is next up, but
> given the time raid56 took, I don't think anybody's predicting when it'll
> be actually in-tree and ready for use.

is that the feature where you say i want x copies of this file and y
copies of this other file? e.g. raid at the file level, with the
ability to adjust redundancy by file?

I wonder if there is any sort of bandaid you can put on top of btrfs
to give some of this redundancy. things exist like git annex, but i
don't love it's bugs and oddball selection of programming language.

Do you guys use any other open source tools on top of btrfs to help
manage your data? (i.e. git annex; camlistore)