> Which is really not bad, considering the chance that something gets corrupt.
> Already it is an exceedingly rare event. Detection without correction can be
> more than enough. Since always things have worked in the computer science
> field without even the detection feature.
> Most likely even your bank account and mine are held in databases which are
> located in filesystems or blockdevices which do not even have the corruption
> detection feature.
> And, last but not least, as of now a btrfs bug is more likely than hard
> disks' silent data corruption.

I think thats dangerous thinking and what has gotten us here.

The whole point of zfs / btrfs is that due to the current size of
storage, what was previously unlikely is now a statistical certitude.
In short, Murphy's law.

We are now using green drives and s3 fuse and shitty flash media, the
era of trusting the block device is over.