I was afraid of this finger-pointing.

Of course no one at Debian is going to know how to fix BTRFS jamming the
package management system.  That's ridiculous.

It's starting to look like BTRFS is just busted in Debian, and I'll have to
reinstall everything over a different filesystem.  I hate to give up btrfs raid
and snapshotting, but these failures are just unlivable.  Is Oracle aware of
this?  I'll have to warn others in the various forums that BTRFS breaks Debian,
because no one warned me.  This is unlivable, not to mention unbelievable.