On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 05:08:33PM +0200, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> > I would not buy anything else
> > than intel. I have about 26 of them for years now (both in servers and
> > workstations, several series), and never had an issue. Two of my
> > colleagues have OCZ, and both had to RMA them.
>
> I guess it boils down wether you want intel also to rule the SSD
> market in the long term, as they do with PC processors...
>
> Comparing intel SSDs with OCZ is not that fair, as OCZ has always been
> low-priced bleeding edge stuff.

  Looking into the controllers...
  first there were bunch of different ones; Intel had it own design with
SSD 320.
  Then come Sandforce; it got broadly used, despite sucking when used
with FDE. Even Intel started to used Sandforce - SSD 520. How's
reliabilty of Intel differs?
  Latest fad is Marvell controller; again Intel joins the pack with SSD510.

  So, Intel is not that different anymore.

--
Tomasz Torcz                 "God, root, what's the difference?"
xmpp: zdzich...@chrome.pl         "God is more forgiving."