On 09/19/2013 11:19 AM, Saul Wold wrote:

Hi there,

I am attempting to build a rootfs image from an existing rootfs
directory tree.  I am using the 0.20 @ 194aa4a of Chris's git repo.

The couple problem I saw was that the target image file needed to exist,
although I think I can patch that then the FS size was much larger than
the actual size, I tracked this to the usage of ftw not accounting for
symlinks, I have a patch for that which I will send once I finish
getting the other issues resolved.

Next issue I hit was an assertion failure after getting "not enough free
space" message:

not enough free space
add_file_items failed
unable to traverse_directory
Making image is aborted.
mkfs.btrfs: mkfs.c:1542: main: Assertion `!(ret)' failed.

I am kind of stuck on this one, took it as far as I can right now. Would
I be better off dropping back to 0.19 or can we move forward fixing this?

Anybody have any ideas on this? I can reproduce this at will on Fedora 19 (with btrfs-progs-0.20), Ubuntu 12.10 (with btrfs-profs-0.19) and with HEAD from Chris's repo above (is this the right place these days)?

Thanks your your help.

Sau!

Thanks