On 09/28/2013 05:29 AM, Chris Mason wrote:
Quoting Saul Wold (2013-09-19 14:19:34)
Hi there,

I am attempting to build a rootfs image from an existing rootfs
directory tree.  I am using the 0.20 @ 194aa4a of Chris's git repo.

The couple problem I saw was that the target image file needed to exist,
although I think I can patch that then the FS size was much larger than
the actual size, I tracked this to the usage of ftw not accounting for
symlinks, I have a patch for that which I will send once I finish
getting the other issues resolved.

Next issue I hit was an assertion failure after getting "not enough free
space" message:

not enough free space
add_file_items failed
unable to traverse_directory
Making image is aborted.
mkfs.btrfs: mkfs.c:1542: main: Assertion `!(ret)' failed.

I am kind of stuck on this one, took it as far as I can right now.
Would I be better off dropping back to 0.19 or can we move forward
fixing this?

Hi Saul,

Update on my end, the problem is the image code expects every file to
fit inside a single chunk.  It's only creating 8MB chunks, so any file
over 8MB in size is causing problems.

I'm fixing it up here, I should have a patch for you on Monday.

Any update on this?  Just curious.

Thanks
        Sau!

Thanks!