On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Chris Samuel <ch...@csamuel.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 05:20:41 PM Duncan wrote:
>
>> If I'm not mistaken the fix for the 3.16 series bug was:
>>
>> ea4ebde02e08558b020c4b61bb9a4c0fcf63028e
>>
>> Btrfs: fix deadlocks with trylock on tree nodes.
>
> That patch applies cleanly to 3.15.2 so if it is indeed the fix it should
> probably go to -stable for the next 3.15 release..

I can confirm that 3.15.2 definitely has the deadlock problem.  I
tried upgrading just to convince myself of this before patching it and
it only took a few hours before it stopped syncing with the usual
errors.

I applied the patch on Jun 28 around 20:00UTC.  I haven't had a
deadlock since, despite having the file system fairly active with a
few reboots, some deleted snapshots, being assimilated by the new
sysvinit replacement, etc.  That doesn't really prove anything though
- for all I know it will hang a week from now.

However, the patch seems stable so far on 3.15.2.

Rich