On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 01:46:56PM +0000, Hugo Mills wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 09:55:37AM -0300, Hérikz Nawarro wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I'm migrating to btrfs and i would like to know, in a btrfs filesystem
> > with 4 disks (multiple sizes) with -d raid0 & -m raid1, how many
> > drives can i lost without losing the entire array?

   Oh, and one other thing -- if you have different-sized devices,
RAID-0 is probably the wrong thing to be using anyway, as you won't be
able to use the difference between the largest and second-largest
device. If you want to use all the space on the available devices,
then "single" mode is probably better (although you still lose a lot
of data if a device breaks), or RAID-1 (which will cope well with the
different sizes as long as the largest device is smaller than the rest
of them added together).

   You can see about the disk usage in different scenarios with the
online tool at:

http://carfax.org.uk/btrfs-usage/

   Hugo.

--
Hugo Mills             | One of these days, I'll catch that man without a
hugo@... carfax.org.uk | quotation, and he'll look undressed.