Been away from the list for awhile and you went
and moved the list on me!

Yesterday I pulled out my notes from the last time
I set up a crypto disk and found that basically,
nothing worked.

The losetup lists all the appropriate crypto types
in its Man page but when I try to actually use AES256,
it throws a fit. When I look in modules for the
current kernel, I do not see a module for aes at all.

I might also note that I was surprised to find the -k
switch for specifying key size is gone.

I tried downloading a package with aes in it, but it
turns out to require local build. So... I tried that.

I discovered that the module failed to declare kpkg
as a prerequisite. I eventually figured that error out
and selected it manually.

And then I tried everything I could think of short of
going 'all the way in': I tried module-assistant; I
tried m-a; I tried the commands from the INSTALL file
one at a time. All of them failed.

This is just SOOooo 1999... aren't things supposed to
get better with time? ;-)

I would be happy to supply any information required
or to run a few tests in between other work. Test
server is an ancient (perhaps 2003) box with Ubuntu
Oneiric, fully up to date.

If I want to use something like this for a production
environment, it has to be solid and update and work
forever into the future.