I’ve installed Ubuntu 15.10 on a Dell Inspiron 13-7353.  Things work okay, but
two critical problems have appeared.

First, occasionally, when the laptop wakes up from sleep, the screen will come
on and I can see the desktop, but things are frozen.  No keyboard entry or
mouse cursor movement.  Even the caps lock LED won’t toggle.

A second problem has popped up after the last few updates.  After waking form
sleep, and using for a few moments, the trackpad cursor freezes.  If I have a
terminal window up and in focus, I can still type in commands.

Would anyone happen to have some advice to resolve these issues?  I’ve tried to
do an upgrade from 15.10 to 16.04, and my attempts have been unsuccessful.  I
keep the 15.10 install updated with the latest stable kernels and updates.

Are there any device drivers available to try?

Is there a better/tested distribution and version of Linux to use?  I’d
actually probably prefer Debian, but when I tried that disto I couldn’t get the
wireless to work.

Any help would be very, very much appreciated.

Jim