On Sunday, September 19, 1999 7:39 PM, Iain Stevenson
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:

        Iain:

> To recap, I can connect manually every time with no problems but
diald
> fails.  I have tried both PAP (the default for my ISP) and a login
> script with the same end result as far as I can tell.  The debug
> messages show that pppd is started but the ppp0 interface is never
> registered.  pppd just sits there until diald kills it.  I have tried
> countless variants of diald.conf and ppp options.
>
> From my experiments with the login script (ie not using PAP), it
seems
> that my ISP's router is sending packets to my linux machine but
> nothing seems to happen nonetheless.  This seems to be a situation
> which is not covered in any documentation so I've run out of things
> to try.

Got late on this thread, so just a question did pppd ever ran on it's
own?

---
Lazarus Long
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
PGP:
<http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x5C1DC205>
ICQ#: 30062012

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-diald" in