You're completely right, I'v changed my configuration due to my problems...
since I don't want to use network installation I've removed dracut-network
from /etc/fai/NFSROOT and only leave live-boot- and
live-boot-initramfs-tools-. It make sense to install dracut-network if I
don't want to use network installation?

thanks

> Maybe I am pointing at a completely wrong direction but...
> /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir  is characteristic of the older
> versions of FAI (was the package called live-boot?). Newer versions of
> FAI use dracut, which places the root directory directly
> under /srv/fai/nfsroot, without the "live/filesystem.dir" part.
>
> The fact that your set-up refers to "live/filesystem.dir" seems
> suspicious, unless you deliberately changed from dracut to live-boot.
>
> Toomas

> > > So I've configures packages according the given link. nfsroot
> > (fai-make-nfsroot -v -l) and mirror (fai-mirror -v -c
> > "$CLASSES_TO_LOAD" /media/mirror/) were created without any error.
> > After that I'm trying to create bootable USB pen and > get this error
> > (fai-cd -m /media/mirror/ -u /media/pen/):
> > >

> > > NFSROOT      /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir   mounted
> > > ls: cannot
> > access /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/vmlinu?-*: No such
> > file or directory
> > > preparing grub2 eltorito.img using existing core.img from NFSROOT
> > > cp: cannot stat
> > `/srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir/boot/vmlinuz-': No such file or
> > directory
> > >

> > > In fact vmlinu does not exists, there's something to do with the
> > kernel version that Ive used (grml)? Do I need to change something
> > else?
> > >

> > > Thanks

Antwort per Email an