> Is this some strange hardware? Can you test your USB stick on a
> different PC?

It's a Elo Touch ESY15E1. Basically it's a computer with touchscreen,
nothing strange and I have to install in that computer, no other.

> Is this machine UEFI enabled?
Sincerely, I don't know, sorry :\

> I had somewhat similar symptoms on a non-PAE enabled CPU some time ago.
> This was a Via C3 chip from approximately year 2007. IIRC, my machine
> just rebooted after unpacking the kernel. The workaround was to use a
> non-PAE ("486" series) kernel.

I think you've got the point, because I had a problem creating nfsroot
(fai-make-nfsroot -l) with linux-image-686-pae, then I switch this package
on /etc/fai/NFSROOT to linux-image-486 and everything were created with no
problem, but booting, exact same error!

I'm working with a Intel Atom 1.6GHz N270, seems to me that is not a PAE
CPU, so I think that I really have to change to linux-image-486, but my
problem still exists, when I boot from USB stick the error remains.. Any
idea? The system where I am creating the fai bootable USB may have
something to do with this? (it's a single core).

Thank you for all your responses!

> On Tue, 2014-05-06 at 19:36 +0100, Rui Teixeira wrote:
>

> > I'm trying to test official FAI-CD. All mouting and unpack ISO were
> > ok, but booting image from USB stick results in black screen. Grub
> > menu appears, selecting any option promp user and password, ok, then
> > all disapear and result in black screen without any message.
> >

> > Any idea?
>
> I had somewhat similar symptoms on a non-PAE enabled CPU some time ago.
> This was a Via C3 chip from approximately year 2007. IIRC, my machine
> just rebooted after unpacking the kernel. The workaround was to use a
> non-PAE ("486" series) kernel.
>
> As already suggested, try the USB stick on some "regular" computer,
> preferably one which has successfully booted similar kernels before.
>
> Toomas

Antwort per Email an