I think that improving support from folks who change VFS code for folks who are
affected is needed.

I don't much care for the screaming at people who don't track your changes by
reading ext2 code updates
development model that is currently in place.  (E.g. the amiga FS emails seen on
this list)
Perhaps a set of comments in the VFS code saying here is what you do to
interface with me would be better.

Perhaps in 2.5 the ReiserFS team will start contributing towards improving VFS
in this direction
as we start trying to move linux VFS towards something richer in
functionality.:)

VFS code needs to be maintained by persons with supportive personalities.

Hans