Alexander Viro writes:

> On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Richard Gooch wrote:
>
> > What I mean by "real" mounts is a table that shows how each FS was
> > brought into the namespace (or each namespace, once you implement
> > CLONE_NEWNS). So for example:
> > #device             filesystem      roots
> > /dev/hda1   ext2            /
> > /dev/hda2   ext2            /var/spool/mail /gaol/var/spool/mail
> > none                proc            /proc /gaol/proc
>
> Bad format. If anything, it should contain mount IDs (if you want to have
> union-mount you need those, just to be able to take away components).
> The following might go:
>
> 1     /                       /       ext2    /dev/hda1
> 2     /var/spool/mail         /       ext2    /dev/hda2
> 3     /proc                   /       procfs
> 14    /gaol/var/spool/mail    /       ext2    /dev/hda2
> 15    /gaol/proc              /       procfs
> 42    /gaol/lib/libc.2.1.3.so /lib/libc.2.1.3.so      ext2    /dev/hda1
>
> IOW, ID + mountpoint + location of root in its tree + fs type +
> fs-specific parameters. That at least allows to reproduce the
> namespace. And yes, IMO "device" is fs-specific parameter.

Yeah, sure. I did say "for example". Your format looks fine. One
question: is the mount ID really needed? Can't you distinguish based
on what FS you're mounting (and mountpoint root)?

BTW: I agree that device is fs-specific. It's much nicer to see "none"
done away with.

                                Regards,

                                        Richard....
Permanent: [EMAIL PROTECTED]