I've got ldirectord set up inside heartbeat and it is working well as a
cluster resource. I have set up an ldap service and here is my ldirectord.cf
# Global Directives
checktimeout=2
checkinterval=2
logfile="/var/log/ldirectord"

# heartbeat.example.com
virtual=172.28.185.49:389
        protocol=tcp
        scheduler=rr
    checktype=connect
    checkport=389
    #negotiatetimeout=10
    real=172.28.185.38:389 masq
    real=172.28.185.37:389 masq
    service=ldap
    protocol=tcp
    checktimeout=10
    checkinterval=10

I am testing the connection with the following ldap command:
ldapsearch -x -h 172.28.185.49 -p 389  -b
ou=employees,ou=users,dc=mydomain,dc=com  -LLL -z 5 dn

At the same time I continually run this command from several servers and
I tail the slapd log file on each "real" server. I expected to see a
round robin result in the slapd log file but I do not. I see some
servers I issue the command from continually hitting the same server.
Certainly the results in the slapd log files are anything BUT round robin.

Can anyone help me out here with either my understanding of the round
robin set up or tell me what to change in my config file above?

Thanks guys
Mike