On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Andrew Beekhof <and...@beekhof.net> wrote:

>  > Also, in monitor available fields for a resource there are:
> >
> > - interval, default 0
> > Does it mean no monitor at all if I don't specify a number different from
> > zero?
>
> No.  It means non-recurring.

Sorry but I already read that (from 1.0 and 1.1) and I don't catch the
meaning of non-recurring...

a) If I don't set at all a monitor line, the only monitor is done at start
with a following status command to see if it has correcltly started,
correct?
And at stop with another folowing status comman to verify this, correct?

b) If I set a monitor line and set a non-zero interval value, enabled is
true for default and I will have in place the monitor

c) If I set a monitor line but I don't write anything for parameter
"interval", it will default to zero, "enabled" is true by default and what
will happen?

> > time 0 R1 starts
> > time 5 min R1 fails ---> counter begins for failure-timeout and cluster
> > successfully restarts it (in place? Where is it set that restart
> operation
> > has to be tried in place or on the other node?
>

> the fact that failcount < threshold

Ok, and I presume the correct way to setup a force failover on another node
as soon as a failure happens for a resource is to set migration-threshold =
1 ?

> >) ; failcount=1
> > time 10 min R1 fails again ---> counter resets for failure-timeout and
> > cluster successfully restarts it ; failcount=2
> > time 25 min R1 has not failed again ---> failcount is reset to 0 and we
> are
> > in similar condition as in time 0
>
> its not automatically reset to zero in 1.0
> that is new in 1.1

In 1.1 when failcount reached the threshold and the resource failovers to
the other node, is failure-timeout reset again on the first node and after
the amount of time (es 15min) will it become again eligible to get the
resource, or do I have to manually set it as able to do that?

Gianluca