Serge Dubrouski wrote:

> I see you could do it and now you are going to use Pacemaker "all the
> time in the future". Than I see no reason why other can't do it as
> well taking into account that Heartbeat v1 almost not supported and
> definitely has no future unless somebody will decide to fork it out of
> the current project and start a new one independent of Pacemaker.

I have to say, if it takes "less than a week" to set up a cluster when
you already know how to do it... I suspect it'll take me "less than a
week" to have a working clone of heartbeat v1 -- and that's without
doing any programming. I mean, how hard can it be to have set up mon to
ping the other node and fire up a few scripts when it stops responding.

Let's face it: a 2-node active/passive cluster on xover (or serial)
cable can only really guard against hardware failure. In which case 99%
of the time you don't need to care about split brain and everything that
comes with that.

Dima
--
Dimitri Maziuk