On 08/05/2011 08:30 AM, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> <4e3acd86.1020...@arcor.de>:
>> Hi Ulrich,
>>
>> I did not folow the complete thread, just jumped in - sorry. Is the
>> resource inside a resource group? In this case the stickiness is
>> multiplied. And sofor the stickiness could be greater than the location
>> role (score).
>
> Hi!
>
> Yes, a group with about 20 resources has a resource-stickiness="100000"

In this case - if I remeber that correctly the scores for a RUNNING
group is 20*100000 -> 2000000 > 500000.

Can you describe your problem, what are you missing?

a) You want to have a RUNNING group NOT to do a fallback -> Stickiness
should do that here: 2M ("active" node) >500K (preferred node) [if
activenode <> preferred node ;-)]
b) You want to have a STOPPED group to be placed on a specific node (to
have an "ordered" administartion at least at the start-point -> location
score should help here 500K (preferred node) >0 (not preferred node)

I miss the point where you argumented, that stickiness is not
implemented as you expected it would be implemented. Could you explain,
whats missing or wrong? Maybe we can try it in a state description like
status-before (f.e. group on node1), change in the cluster (either event
or admin based) and status-after (here the current implemented one and
the one that you expected how it should work).

Kind regards
Fabian

and a "location loc_grp_cbw grp_cbw 500000: node". As the group is
somewhat indivisible, assigning varying stickinesses to individual
resources just makes things unreadable and complicated. I feel that a
group stickyness should override individual resource stickynesses, and
not be used a a default stickyness for every resource in the group.