On 08/02/2011 05:06 PM, alain.mou...@bull.net wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have this simple configuration of locations and orders between resources
> group-1 , group-2 and clone-1
> (on a two nodes ha cluster with Pacemaker-1.1.2-7 /corosync-1.2.3-21) :
>
> location loc1-group-1   group-1 +100: node2
> location loc1-group-2   group-2 +100: node3
>
> order order-group-1   inf: group-1   clone-1
> order order-group-2   inf: group-2   clone-1
>
> property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
>         dc-version="1.1.2-f059ec7ced7a86f18e5490b67ebf4a0b963bccfe" \
>         cluster-infrastructure="openais" \
>         expected-quorum-votes="2" \
>         stonith-enabled="true" \
>         no-quorum-policy="ignore" \
>         default-resource-stickiness="5000" \
>
> (and no current cli- preferences)
>
> When I stop the node2, the group-1 is well migrated on node3
> But when node2 is up again, and that I start Pacemaker again on node2,
> the group-1 automatically comes back on node2 , and I wonder why ?
>
> I have other similar configuration with same location constraints and same
> default-resource-stickiness value, but without order with a clone
> resource,
> and the group does not come back automatically. But I don't understand why
> this order constraint would change this behavior ...

We should focus our thoughts on the fact, that when node2 comes back
into the cluster the clone-1 gets a change, because it is started now
also on node2 - am I right? I do not have a good explanatio at this
point of time but this could be the point why the group-1 looses its
stickiness, because its first stopped and than restarted (after the
clone is completely up again).

Can you check the following in your setup: Either set max_clone to 1
(just for a test of course) or doing an anti-location that clone-1 will
not run on node2 (so after rejoining node2 clone-1 will not get a
change in its setup).

With your current config (without my changes):
You should also check, if you see any stops on clone-instances when
node2 is rejoining the cluster. That could be the case, if you have
limitted the number of clones and have additional location
constraints for the clone.

Can you tell more about the clone and the group? Are there any possible
side effects in the functionality of the resources?

Kind regards
Fabian