Hi Lars,

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 12:05:17PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2013-07-03T10:26:09, Dejan Muhamedagic <deja...@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> > > Not sure that is expected by most people.
> > > How you then delete attributes?
> > Tough call :) Ideas welcome.
>
> Set them to an empty string, or a magic "#undef" value.
>
> > It's not only for the nodes. Attributes of resources should be
> > merged as well. Perhaps to introduce another load method, say
> > merge, which would merge attributes of elements instead of
> > replacing them. Though the use would then get more complex (which
> > seems to be justified here).
>
> Well, that leaves open the question of how higher-level objects
> (primitives, clones, groups, constraints ...) would be affected/deleted.
>
> I'm not sure the complexity is really worth it. Merge rules get *really*
> complex, quickly. And eventually, one ends with the need to annotate the
> input with how one wants a merge to be resolved (such as "#undef"
> values).

Perhaps I misunderstood the original intention, but the idea was
more simple:

        primitive r1 params p1="v1" p2="v2" meta m1="mv1"

        primitive r1 params p1="nv1" p3="v3" <- merge

        ---

        primitive r1 params p1="nv1" p2="v2" p3="v3" meta m1="mv1"

If the attribute already exists, then it is overwritten. The
existing attributes are otherwise left intact. New attributes are
added.

Thanks,

Dejan