vk4akm wrote:

G'day Folks
This might be a real dumb question but how do I get ax25 to work on a Suse 9.3 PC.
The AX25-Howto is a little confusing.
I assumed with a late model Kernel the compiling a Kernel for ax25 is not required. So I stepped on to the next stage, downloaded and installed the appropriate rpms for libax25, ax25-tools, ax25-apps and soundmodem.
What to do next?

I have Gmfsk working fine on the PC so the soundcard radio link etc is working.

Any help to push me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Just for info, you don't need any ax25 support running to use Gmfsk. Gmfsk is a terminal program that sends sounds out on your soundcard to the radio. It would actually conflict with ax25 if you were using your soundcard as a network interface.

Dave.
VA3BHF
-