On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 09:44:55AM -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
>       He may be violating something much better than this.  It looks like
> he has lost a serious lawsuit and victums may be able to collect some
> damages.
>
>       http://www.bibliotech.net/spammer.html

  Indeed.  If you US side people have time/interest at fighting
  calling that attorney, here are some counts of user numbers
  from some Linux lists:
        linux-kernel (+digest)      5100
        linux-ham                    800
        linux-admin                  900
        linux-net                   1300
        linux-laptop                 700
        linux-newbie                 500
        linux-smp                   1200
  (These counts are +- 50)

  Oh, and I do presume that somehow it should be proven that each posting
  really is from that chap, and not just somebody who wants to put the
  blame on him...

> --
>  Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/
>   NIC whois:  MHW9      |  An optimist believes we live in the best of all
>  PGP Key: 0xDF1DD471    |  possible worlds.  A pessimist is sure of it!

/Matti Aarnio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        A realist knowing how hard it often is to prove who really was
        dialing on a modem when something happened...  (with my ISP hat on)