On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, John - G3JAG wrote:
> This is probably a stupid question, but ...
>
> Because of machine/logbook software limitations, I routinely use AX25
> from Windows 98 to access a local node which is not only an AX25 box,
> but also an interface to TCP/IP. If I go through the node to another
> AX25 node and then to the DXCluster I get normal responses. The traffic
> to/from the Cluster is definitely two-way. The node runs SuSE 6.2 and
> seems to be very solid. (I use SuSE 6.4 for everything else).
>
> Now if I go through the TCP/IP interface on the same node to a different
> SuSE-based DXCluster, the traffic is one way. That means I can connect,
> but after that nothing I send results in a response (that I can see)
> from the Cluster, which in this case is running a version of DXSpider.

Which Cluster node are you talking to? I see that your home node is
GB7MBC in which case are you running a 44.x.x.x address?

Robin's point about a return route is not a physical radio path/route but more
like 'is there an IP Route back to you from the node' - if you are talking to
MBC and you aren't on a 44.x.x.x address then there almost certainly isn't.

Are you sure that the source IP address out thru the AX25 gateway is 44.x.x.x?

Do you need to masquerade your Win98 out from 10.x.x.x. (or what ever) to a
44.x.x.x gateway address?

--
Dirk-Jan Koopman, Tobit Computer Co Ltd
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will find