I should have mentioned that in 1 of the failing logs, it finds the PMP device, that is rare, it usually doesn't even see it. That happened this morning and I was hopeful that somehow it was more meaningful than the usual case where it doesn't even notice the PMP.

...tom

Thomas Evans wrote:
I've attached a few logs - one that references how things looked when it all worked. I've logs of both the original Norco 4618 card (lspci64.2 and dmesg.txt.2) and with the
newer generic 3124 card (dmesg.txt.newcard lspci.newcard.2).

I'm not so good with deciphering the PCI-isms - maybe I just need a shorter cable now!?

...tom