Isaac Aaron wrote:

> Do you have any opinion on how good it works?
> Can I rely on it's functionality for something like a backup agent?
>
> Gavrie Philipson wrote:

[etc]

> > It will let you run binaries from most x86 Unices, provided it's set up
> > right (correct libraries etc.)
> > Search any Linux site for 'iBCS'. There should even be a HOWTO, IIRC.

Sorry, but I've never used it in a production environment; just for
testing. However, I wouldn't recommend using something like iBCS in a
production environment unless there really is no choice. It's a big
difference if WordPerfect crashes (older version of WP didn't support
Linux natively, only thru iBCS) or if your backup agent is unreliable.

Which backup software are you using?

Gavrie.

--
Gavrie Philipson