> > > It will let you run binaries from most x86 Unices, provided it's set up
> > > right (correct libraries etc.)
> > > Search any Linux site for 'iBCS'. There should even be a HOWTO, IIRC.
>
> Sorry, but I've never used it in a production environment; just for
> testing. However, I wouldn't recommend using something like iBCS in a
> production environment unless there really is no choice. It's a big
> difference if WordPerfect crashes (older version of WP didn't support
> Linux natively, only thru iBCS) or if your backup agent is unreliable.

Everything is right till now. Just put your attention, that it will
NEVER provide emulation for Sparc Solaris binaries.
Filesystems differencies is also important thing, but except
of this iBCS seems pretty stable - I even know people that used
Sco'ish Oracle database via iBCS in production enviroment
(it was before Oracle made Linux version). They even told
that it was much faster and stable then running the Oracle on
SCO.

Meir