On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Herouth Maoz wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:00:32 +0200 (IST) [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Omer Zak) wrote:
>
> >Please be advised that there is a boycott of Amazon, due to their attempt
> >to enforce their "1-Click shopping" software patent.  Anyone who values
> >the Open Source concept should take this boycott into account.

[... snipped ...]

> Personally, I don't join boycotts unless I have a thorough coverage of the
> situation.

Excellent policy.

> ...  I thought the whole Amazon suit was about the fact that B&N used
> the name "1-Click shopping" or a very similar one to offer the same type of
> service, and Amazon has a trademark on it. That doesn't sound too threatening
> to the Open Source community.

No, it is not a trademark issue.  It is an issue of enforcing a software
patent.

> So can you please give us some URL for more detailed information about this
> boycott?

Gladly.  Stallman's article is in the URL:

                http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/amazon.html

Stupid of me for not having included the URL in my previous message.
                                             --- Omer

   "MS-Word keeps thinking it knows what I'm gonna do next and tries to
   help me.  I've lived with my wife for 27 years and SHE can't do that.
   What makes MS-Word think it can?"             Bill Mullins

WARNING:
By sending me unsolicited commercial/political/religious E-mail message/s
(known also as "spam"), you irrevocably agree to pay me US$500.- (plus any
legal expenses incurred by my trying to collect the amount due) per
unsolicited commercial/political/religious E-mail message - for the service
of receiving it.