Hi,

Well, you need to recover your mandrake first. Re-install your mandrake with the
"upgrade" option..

Mandrake got tools for upgrading packages and they have KDE 2.1 beta 2 in that
update..

BTW: If you can wait - the final version of KDE 2.1 should be out tonight (I'm
talking to the KDE FTP admin about mirroring ASAP)..

Hetz

Alon Altman wrote:

> Hi,
>   I have Mandrake 7.2. I tried to install kde 2.1 beta2 (mandrake) from the
> kde site, but it didn't work - every kde2 app that tried to run crashed with
> SIGSEGV.
>
>   So, I tried to reinstall kde from the Mandrake 7.2 CD, but then all
> desktop icons, most links (like home directory and kcontol), all
> screensavers and more were missing.
>
>   Anyone has an idea how to install KDE2.1beta2 or at least return to kde
> 2.0 properly??
>
>   Alon
>
> --------- if you cut here, you'll probably destroy your monitor ----------
> This message was sent by Alon Altman ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ICQ:1366540
> The RIGHT way to contact me is by e-mail. I am otherwise nonexistent :)

Hetz Ben Hamo
Hardware Research dept.
Aduva Inc.