On Mon, 26 Feb 2001, Alon Altman wrote:

> Hi,
> I have Mandrake 7.2. I tried to install kde 2.1 beta2 (mandrake) from the
> kde site, but it didn't work - every kde2 app that tried to run crashed with
> SIGSEGV.

How exactly did yiu do that?

rpm -U or rpm -i ?

Generally: use "Update" rather than "Install".

> So, I tried to reinstall kde from the Mandrake 7.2 CD, but then all
> desktop icons, most links (like home directory and kcontol), all
> screensavers and more were missing.

What is "reinstall"?

Did you remove the 2.1beta packages?

You could use tricks like the  '--oldpackage' option of rpm (assuming you
know what you're doing)

something like 'rpm -Uv --oldpackages all_kde_packages'. Again, if you
know what you're doing...

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]