Without repeating or attaching what was said, I think that a simple approach would do
the trick.
Linux as opposed to corporation politics is an evolutionary organism were the
strongest and best survive.
There is no need for any mutiny, if Linux wasn't working well the organism would take
steps to correct itself.
As an example, if the Linux community would overwhelmingly believe that linus judgment
threatens the welfare and advancement of the kernel they would "fire" him, or in
another words: would declare him senile and put him in a home and just fork to another
"child" ;).
Anyway, for any big change like CVS the community would have to have a huge incentive
to change, because in nature, anything that works don't change. Until Microsoft or the
US will declare war on Linux I don't see anything changes.
So, calm down your enthusiasm, think for a minute, and undestand that there is just
not enough insentive for a change. Only the NEED is debateable.
If it's not broken, don't fix it! :)

* - * - *
Tzahi Fadida
[EMAIL PROTECTED]