> but imagine what will happen if you write a good opensource program like
> that. if it will be good and competitive, pretty soon you will have
> customers wanting to install it.
> you can charge them for it, you can charge them for documentation, for
> installation and for support.
> the fact that it will be open source won't mean it can't be big
> business.

/me smacks Dvir gently ;)

Hello! we're POST the bubble-days. Remember companies like Eazel who tried to
do these things? where are they today?

If I were him and I wanted to write some open source applications for living,
then I would have been in a big problem. What makes you sure that if he
writes for a company an open source program and sells it - that I (or anyone
else) will take the sources and sell it to their competitors for 1/10th of
the original author? nothing.

Hetz