that means, putting all the eggs in one basket, is risky.
A lot of companies today think that if they have a firewall than they are safe.
And it is indeed misleading to think that way, so, in many ways a firewall actually
decreases the security
of a company. If, for example, they would have focused on limmiting the services that
are open on networks, and arranging their networks properly, it could be more secure
then just using a firewall.
actually, what is a firewall these days? a jumble of often contradicting and confusing
strategies? i think that a calm and calculated approach to security is better than
just calling checkpoint and throwing a lot of money.
(and a lot of people enjoys to do the catching part - unproffesionaly?. actually i am
sometimes one of them so i should probably shut up about it)

well, anyway being moderate is always the best way. and while we are talking linux,
you have a good system
on your hands. with linux you can very easily control what services you like to open,
what ports the internal firewall will open. you can easily do masquerading and nat
which will enhance security. and if you have someone to constantly monitor the thing
you can install snort/whatever IDS. and basically, a much more controled environment.

feeling secure already?.

* - * - *
Tzahi Fadida
[EMAIL PROTECTED]