On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, voguemaster wrote:

> True, but then how would you explain the article by Moshe ? He tested several
> 2.4 kernels and the RH 7.2 kernel, while a bit slower, was stable.

different usage patterns. btw, i didn't read the article. thought it does
not matter - the fact that it worked for one test can NOT be used to
refute the case that it did NOT work for another test. and by telling
ariel "you are talking bullshit because it works for us" - you are not
making a good case. fact is, that it didn't work. and as far as i know
ariel, i don't think he would go saying something did not work without
doing some proper testing, and without realy seeing it not testing.

on the other hand, i don't think its redhat's fault at all - its the fault
of the 2.4 kernel developers, and their decision making. the good thing,
is that we can see a path of it stabilizing - but it took quite long to
stabilize.

now, here is a question for those 'in the know' - how far is alan cox
involved in choosing what patches go into redhat's kernel version, since
he begun working for them? or, who in redhat decides on that?

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,