Quoting Henry Ficher, from the post of Fri, 13 Dec:
> >How should I choose my choices?
> >
> >This site may be called "ReligiousWars.something", and will enjoy a
> >high rating from its first day (because people CARE about religious
> >wars). So contrary to typical Dot.Com initiatives, this one has great
> >chances to succeed.
> >

> Maybe. Personally, I think religious wars are boring. Let people believe
> what they may. I rather reach my own conclusions.

no, I totaly get Eli's point. calling it "religious wars" was
tounge-in-cheek (never understood that one, biting your tounge is not
funny).

point is that there is TOO MUCH information. not one site that gives a
proper balance of pros and cons of competing products. should I go with
PostgreSQL or MySQL? which are the strong points of each products? every
user has his own needs and parameters, so he wants to know about the
experiances of others, and how they rated it. I am thinking about a site
that will concentrate all those good reviewes you might find only after
googling for hours. then add rants and praises, then some rating scale
for the parameters right for each category.

also, how about adding all the "latest rumors"? a friend of mine is
writing a cross-platform C++ library and asked me about the docs. He
wrote them all in HTML but wanted to translate them to "info". I told
him that as far as I knew, SGML and LinuxDoc or the improved DebianDoc
were the way to go, because that was what I found from the net.
apperently most of those pages are terribly out of date and DocBook is
the way to go. if I had a site that compared doc-creation packages and
told me what were the trends and the "right way" to do things this week,
it would also be a lot of help.

--
The place to be
Ira Abramov

http://ira.abramov.org/email/ This post is encrypted twice with ROT-13.
Documenting or attempting to crack this encryption is illegal.