Hi there,

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 09:22, Kamal Dalal wrote:

> Congratulations!
>
> Does Hamakor distinguish between Open Source and Free Software?
>
> In :
>
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html
>
> there is a clear distinction between the two movements.
>
> Where does Hamakor stand ?

The Full name of the Hamakor is "Israeli society for Free and Open
Source Software". Both the fact that we state both terms and that we
seperate the terms are meaningful.

We distinguish that they are two seperate ideological streams but at the
same time believe that at the practical level both share much in common
and have many non conflicting interests. Enough so, that we wish HaMakor
to be home to people who consider themselves to be part of both
movements without giving up their unique ideological views.

*Personally*, that is, speaking as Gilad and not as represetnative of
HaMakor, I suspect that they compliment each other - they are two
seperate "arguments", if you'd like, to do the same thing.

Now that was a trick question :-)

Gilad.

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://benyossef.com

 "Geeks rock bands cool name #8192: RAID against the machine"