Nadav Har'El wrote:

Also, if that software is GPLed, preventing Israelis from getting the source
is a violation of the GPL.

How exactly? The GPL does not require them to make the software available to you. If someone else made the software available to you, it is that someone's responsibility to make the sources available as well, not the original maintainer's. As such, if someone gave you the software, and then said you should download the sources from sourceforge, and then sourceforge is unavailable to you, it is the person who gave you the software that is in GPL violation, not sourceforge.

In short, I don't see the GPL violation here. This may be a sourceforge policy violation (and I'm rather hoping it is), and that's something else.

Shachar
P.S.
I find is most strange that it is ISRAELIES that are directed to a "boycott Israel" site. It's not as if wer'e likely to be convinced.

P.P.S.
I'm from actcom, and I can get to the site.