Aharon Schkolnik wrote:

You donīt have problems with punctuation ?

When I type in a sentence in Hebrew, and then type a period, the
period appears at the beginning of the sentence instead of the end.

If you don't have any problems with punctuation, do have any guesses
as to why I do ? Could it be a font problem ?  What font are you
using ? Maybe connected to xfree version ?

I'd really like to be able to create Hebrew documents on my Linux
machine.

It might be the locale settings. Try using: "LC_ALL=he_IL soffice" to run it and see if that helps.

Cheers, Gilad.